Sewanee, Monteagle, Tracy City, TN - Most people associate the Cumberland Plateau with hiking, waterfalls, antiques and The University of the South. But March 28-30, 2013 will add another facet to the mountain's ever changing dynamics. We will host the Taste of the Mountain - on the Move.
Beyond its name, this food festival which has been reincarnated from a previous event which housed many vendors under one roof; this year's event showcases restaurants across the Cumberland Plateau in each participating restaurant. Area restaurants will participate in this event, offering you a opportunity not only to visit restaurants that you have never visited, but the chance to try foods that truly exemplify each establishment in their unique atmosphere.
Proceeds go to fund the Monteagle Mountain Chamber of Commerce and the local food bank, both non-profit groups.The Taste of the Mountain - On the Move takes place March 28, 29 & 30th, from 4:00-7:00 CST. Tickets are $25.00 for five tickets, and one ticket is required at each restaurant that you choose to visit. Additional tickets, which are $5.00 each, will be available at each participating restaurant as well as at local banks, Monteagle City Hall and the Monteagle Mountain Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, call us at 931-924-5353.
1. Dutch Maid Bakery - Dessert Peach Moonshine Kiss; Moist Moonshine cake with vanilla Ice cream and Peach Schnapps as one option and the other option will be Garden Salad with organic baby greens and garden vegetables or the Cranberry Pecan Salad with Baby Greens and Raspberry Vinaigrette. 109 Main Street, Tracy City, 931-592-3171, www.thedutchmaid.com
2. Smok'n B BBQ - BBQ, Ribs and Pudding Sampler, 412 Dixie Lee Avenue, Monteagle 931-924-7383, www.smokenbsbbq.com
3. High Point - TBA, 224 E Main Street, Monteagle,931-924-4600, www.highpointrestaurant.net
4. Dave's Modern Tavern - Oyster Rockefeller Sampler (3) with a glass of champagne or Smoked Sirloin and Goat Cheese Sliders (3) with a glass of our house Sangria. 38 West Main Street, Monteagle, 931-924-8363, www.moderndavescafe.com
5. Tallulah's Wine Lounge - gourmet cheese platter with fruits and nuts. 204 West Main Street, 931-924-3869, www.monteagleinn.com
6. Smoke House Restaurant - Sample our Smoked BBQ meats: BBQ Ribs, Beef Brisket Roast Beef & Turkey Breast and sample 16 flavors of fresh homemade fudge. Live Music on Friday & Saturday starting at 6:30 (no cover). 850 West Main Street, Monteagle, 931-924-2091, www.thesmokehouse.com
7. Pearl's Foggy Mountain Cafe' - Sample the soup of the day with either a Spring Salad or Caesar Salad. 15344 Sewanee Hwy, Sewanee, 931-598-5770, pearlsfoggymountaincafe.com
8. Crossroads Cafe - Shanghai Dumplings, Thai Fish Cakes, Mini Egg Tarts and Mini Pineapple Tarts, 38 Ball park Road, Sewanee, 931-598-9988
9. Ivy Wild - a cup of Crawfish Bisque with Zambuca Cream, 36 Ball Park Road, Sewanee, 931-598-9000, www.ivywildsewanee.com
10. Blue Chair Bakery & Coffee Shop - TBA, 41 University Ave, Sewanee, (931) 598-5434, www.thebluechair.com